DetailsParent Category: Auction Published Date
What is the Great WVPT Auction?
It is a great way to get local online/on-air recognition for your company, and also to let your community know that you take pride in sponsoring the very best in educational programming and outreach projects!
How does the Auction work?
Businesses and individuals donate products, services and gift certificates to support the excellent standard of programming on WVPT. Items are displayed online at http://auction.wvpt.net and live on the air on Auction “boards” which are introduced by guest community auctioneers. Viewers look forward to the ‘live’ action of the broadcast and are very excited to be able to bid on-line. They call in their bid to our volunteers or ‘click’ their bid on-line and hope to be the highest bidder who will take the item home! All proceeds benefit WVPT programming and community outreach events.
Businesses or individuals can show their support of WVPT’s auction by being one of the four total online sponsors of the auction. The auction website at http://auction.wvpt.net allows online registration and bidding weeks before the live auction broadcast. Benefits of being an Online Sponsor are listed here with the other sponsorship opportunities, including Auction Boards, Big Gifts, Podium, Phone Bank & Hospitality.
Sponsorship OpportunitiesClick here for a complete list of sponsorship opportunities
Each sponsorship, depending on the value and amount of donation, receives a wide variety of benefits throughout the auction. Some of the benefits are listed below.
- Support quality programs provided by WVPT, a vital community resource available to all people at no charge.
- Cost-effective way to make your organization stand out and co-brand with PBS.
- Did you know? 75% of television viewers believe that companies that fund public television have a commitment to quality and excellence.
- WVPT’s broadcast coverage reaches forty (40) counties, as well as Harrisonburg, Charlottesville, Winchester, Lexington, Lynchburg, Staunton, Waynesboro, Front Royal and the DC Metro area. Online auction can be viewed across the country. Viewed nationally on line too!
- Bring your employees to volunteer for an enriching and fun group experience!
- WVPT is a qualified charitable non-profit organization. Contributions from donors are generally deductible at fair market value under the IRS Code. We suggest that, individual cases, you consult with your accountant.
- Sponsors ($500+) will be given the opportunity to have a company spokesperson to appear on-air during the live auction broadcast. The Sponsor will need to request this opportunity by April 1, 2011 by calling (540) 437-2461 or 437- 2444.
- Your company may fill volunteer positions during one shift. (Computer training required before auction and phone bank sponsors will be given priority.)
For more information on sponsorship, please contact:
Phone: 540-434-5391 or 800-345-9878 ext. 585